[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - P C .... ( poxy computer )
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: P C .... ( poxy computer )
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:02 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
backing up to another hard drive can be risky even an external hard drive. I once lost 2 TB of pictures and documents to a hard drive disc crash

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 am 

model: other
year: 1988
And that Higgy is something I think any of us that are into this sort of PC stuff can truely relate too.

I used to be a creative partner in a music/song writing duo in another life, and backed up all the master tapes onto CD's as wave files in 2002, thinking this the best way of preserving it, as the Chrome Oxide based tapes would slowly self destruct over time.

12years worth of material, guess what failed after 5years in storage, yep all gone. :banghead:

and wait for it, the backup hard drive failed as well :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Oh well SSDD, and we weren't that good anyways...........................

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
do you still have those CDs and the hdd ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am 

Hey G, they were binned, when I say failed i mean failed, a mate of mine use to be a mega buck contract programmer and he couldn't retrieve anything but garbled noises, bit like my guitar playing :shock:.

Claude I think Higgy means a Honda VF1000 or 750 Interceptor, although a Mad Max one would be fairly awesome :choo:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:37 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:36 am 

Sorry Claude, I don’t think I worded that very well at all, I was assuming Higgy meant he was on a Honda Interceptor (sure I’ll be corrected if I’ve got it wrong) and was pretty badly banged up in a crash.

And I think of crippling exactly the same way, lots and lots pain, and I'm allergic to it as well. :shock:

Cheers

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Honda VF750 and yes lots of pain and years of recovery. Still have nerve damage in my back and legs.

Don't trust cd's for backup or anything magnetic. I do have some floppy disc going on 30 years old that still work but just as many crapped out years ago

I have as yet not had a DVD go bad properly stored but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
The best solution for long term storage seems to be to redo what ever media you use every few years with the newest technology. Zip drives not that long ago but try to find one now.

88 750
90 906
92 907ie