[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - More metal and screws
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: More metal and screws
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:49 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

The latest attempt to stick my leg back together................ looks like a bit of old curtain rail :D , I wouldn't let him near a motorbike :lol: .............actually it feels way better almost straight away :)

Attachments:
Hamish_zps23kbl40i.jpg [55.26 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Post subject: Re: More metal and screws
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:11 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1986
Hamish,

That's going to send the airport metal detector off the scale!!

Cheers,
Fraser.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:39 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Hi Fraser , merry Christmas an all that to you and the ladies . We ( me and Di ) had to drive to Chch and back coz the airline wouldn't have me on the return trip as I cant get my leg in behind the seat in front , and I didn't fancy trying to even get on the plane . :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:52 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm 

model: other
year: 1988
It's great to see that the surgeons had another go at plate and screws Hamish, i/o of what was being talked about before, really happy for you that it actually seems to have helped some.

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Yeah , this is the 4th graft and bit of metal , and while it feels better I aint holding out much hope for the longevity . For some reason the grafts don't seem to take and eventually whatever bit of metal ( 2 internal pins and one lot of external so far ) holding it all together breaks...........usually through a screw hole that isn't even being used . These orthopods may be clever blokes but they don't seem to know jack shit about basic engineering or metallurgy . I already know that this latest attempt is going to break through the 3rd screw hole from the bottom ( bets have been placed )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 pm 

year: 1991
Yeah, but you want to keep the leg if you can... Sorry to sound grim.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:34 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Oh yeah Bluey , but it really was *ucked ,( the ambo's found bits of my femur on the road ) and it still aint much better . After 7 1/2 years ya start to wonder just how much time do I put into it before you give up and get on with life , thing is , I don't believe that , even best case scenario , a falsie would be any better , , but I have given it some thought .............I want a cyborg metal grapple/claw thing instead of a foot .... with little hydraulic cylinders on each toe ( they wouldn't have to work ) , all polished stainless .......with "Gecko" pads, .... yeah......and a bottle opener..............and a squeaky knee. The possibilities are endless , like if you had a bayonet fitting you could fit a foot for any occasion, mmmmmm a big flat wide based one would stop me falling over at parties , a spring loaded one for starting 500 singles , and a padded one for standing on the cats tail ( he loves it :evil: ) :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:40 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Hamish, does that bottom L-shape go inside the bone? I`m also wondering that some screws protrude. I assume around a bone there`s no moving tissue or muscle otherwise that would cause some pain and damage.
It's good that you're keeping your humor, or is it the meds? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:44 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Yep , I goes right thru my femoral condial, but I have had a pin right thru there before. Them screws ..... I look at them and think " that's the sort of finish I would leave on a job if I wasn't expecting it to last . Meds ..... , I very seldom take anything much after a couple of days post opp , I have it all here ( severedol , oxy , trammies , DHC ) but they make me drowsy , Ha ha , its hard enough getting around but staggering down to the shed and then cant remember what I was going there for starts to piss me off :D , and anyhow I have a fair bit of nerve damage in my hip/pelvis and I wonder just how much of whats going on I can feel , like before this last lot I could feel the broken graft grating and moving about but it didn't hurt that much .... not enough to stop me doing stuff , but I don't walk far , a lap round the supermarket is about it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Check it out now . Screws ( from the top ) 1 ,4 ,7,& 8 are now broken and I can feel movement ( oh yeah ! ) so the clever wee buggers are going to remove and replace the broken ones :shock: The reasoning goes like this " Mmmm well it didn't work last time so ..... lets do it again ". Next we will try pop rivets and an old beer can rolled up :D :lol:

Attachments:
right leg.jpg
right leg.jpg [ 18.33 KiB | Viewed 12840 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:51 pm 

year: 1992
At least they may let you drink the beer before they use the rolled up beer can?

Cheers.

Nick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 am 
paso grand pooh-bah