[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Help with Swingarm Assembly
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help with Swingarm Assembly
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:06 pm 
Okay i have to put the rear back together so I can move the bike and I cant get the swing arm back on. :roll:

The Swingarm "Axle" goes thru the frame, the 3" (est) bushing and big spacer goes up against the motor.
(Or atleast that's the way I remember) But the gap is to small to fit. about a 1/16" maybe??

Looking at the image, the left side has a bushing already installed. The right side has the needle bearings, but needs a bushing for the axle bolt to go thru.

What am I missing ?? Looked at schematics on line and cant figure out what I am missing :dunno:

And what the F^^% is this. Was attached to the bottom of the swingarm bu a small bolt (now broken off)

And whay type of mudflap goes above the swingarm to the frame? All I had was 2 brackets

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Help with Swingarm Assembly
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
The wire hook should be a guide for your rear brake hydraulic line, but I'm guessing since I don't have a Paso (yet)

Cheers,

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:43 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 am 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
The wire hook is to hold the overflow hoses,ie,battery,petrol.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:46 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
The flap you are referring to is like a neoprene rubber (wetsuit) material that joins the front of the mudguard to the top of the swing arm. Fairly flimsy stuff, but does the job.

'82 900 Mike Hailwood Replica

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1986
Hey Seth, Your in luck,I've got my swingarm off at the moment too,just went out to the shed and took a photo and measured the rear of the engine and the distance between the spacers on the swingarm pivot to double check,It looks like you have all you need there,the bushing on the chain side slides through the swingarm to press the spacer against the engine casing .Any small gap left may be flex in the frame that will disappear as you tighten the nut up.The rear of the engine casing is approx 140 mm give or take a mm (I didn't spend long in the shed as it's currently about 50 Celcius in there and 43 c in the shade) and the spacers measure about 141mm between them with the bush centred in the swingarm.As for the flap between the swingarm and frame, mine has 1/8th insertion rubber in there,the type used as gaskets on agricultural irrigation piping flanges,and it appears to be the original. Here is a picture of the swingarm hope it helps regards Jay.

Just re read your post yeah mine is tight too,I can remember thinking it was going to be a prick to put back together when I levered it apart.Good luck with it regards Jay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:52 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

When I first took my swing arm off the pivot bolt was rusted to the various bushes and I had to bash the f n thing out with a BF hammer and long punch, nothing loving or delicate about it ! and I did have a job fitting all the spacers and bushes back in . I fitted the washer on the left side last by tapping it into place with a little punch .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:08 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

The BFH as well as the BFS is a must for any tool box. Almost as good as lots of beer to lubricate those old stiff joints. :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
McTool, rumor has it in your country it is customary to keep them in your favorite sheep boots. Any truth to the rumor? ;) :?: :idea:
and Merry F'n Christmas, buddy :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:15 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Antti
Don't get your panties in a bunch :lol: :,( :lol: :,(
You now all you have to do is ask :thumbup:

BFH = Big friggin hammer
BFS = Big friggin screw driver
SLH = Santa's Little Helper :lol: :lol: :lol:
MFSB = my favorite sheep boots
POMTIPWHO = pictures of McTool in Pool with helmet on :choo:

Merry Christmas to all of you in the land of the reindeer :beer: :beer: :beer: And all the lands down under :D :D :D
And of course everyone here on the paso's best friend :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And an extra special Merry Christmas to Mike our faithful host :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: :beer: :beer: :fart:
Your Friend
Higgy

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Higgy! Do I detect the sort of delerious seasonal frivolity that usually follows the consumption of alcahol ? I myself have been relaxing :smoke: :drunk: in the Nelson sun . I gave the neibour some wild pork salami and he gave me some wild venison chops and then we made a pact to kill the other neibours cat , and thus ,apart from being stranded in my own pool ( dived in ..... couldnt get my broken body out ) which was getting "funnier " by the minute as I really needed a piss , I have had a good day! Oh , back to the sheep shaggin' are we ,well I'm getting real bored with that ... yeah ,I bin doin' the same one for ages :lol: and Higgy, the only thing kiwi men keep in their boots is their feet and the ends of their dicks :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
Merry Christmas to all
ps ( :P :P ) Whats with that antti guy, dont they have BF things in Finland , maybe its the finish sauce .... I dunno :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:52 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
it`s 14,5cm wide, 12,5cm high and can easily be cut out from a piece of rubber/neoprene if you have smoething like that

G.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:23 pm