[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Thinking of Going Waterless
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thinking of Going Waterless
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:22 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993
I still have a good, leak free coolant tank on my '93 and in an effort to keep it that way I'm considering going to waterless coolant. The primary benefit would be the ability to run pressureless which would relieve stress on the tank and the hoses as well. Evans ( http://www.evanscooling.com/ ) supplies the coolant. Anyone have any experience or thoughts concerning this?

Post subject: Re: Thinking of Going Waterless
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am 

year: 1991
very interesting , thanks.

I think your idea is sound, but then what would I know!! :-P

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:14 pm 

So just to clarify is that tested on animals or Triumph owners?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Is there some benefit about the working temperature?
I have my red 907 which works much warmer than the black one.
Above all in the traffic and in the summer is a nightmare.
Any advice?
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:22 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:12 pm 

Hi there, as I was interested in changing to Evans too, after doing a first service myself on the 907, I was wondering what the experiences are so far.

You need an water absorbtion fluid (can be re used) to wash the system free of old remains and than fill it with the Evans coolant. There are some sevice stations here who are dealer of Evans. Thinking of going there for information and cost.

Updates welcome.

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:30 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

If the whole reason is to run pressureless ......just leave the cap loose . When I got my paso the cap was knackered .... still is and the only time it ever gave grief was in traffic when it lost a little fluid just as the fan came on :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 pm 

I use water and water wetter.

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10

Started using it for track days. Most tracks don't allow anti-freeze. I've been using this for years and haven't noticed a big difference in temperature.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

The basic idea is to prevent corrosion, As Evans coolant has no water and is electrically neutral all you metals and gaskets should last longer No electrolisis, No electrolytic migration. Hoses and no pressure is just another bennnie :beer: :beer:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 am 

Indeed, my interest lies in the no corrosions aspects, as well as lifelong use of the fluids. Would not like to see alu parts being eaten away in time.

Who is using it here? Is it an DIY issue or do I have a lof of left-overs on fluids to be stored away. No idea on prices eigher.

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 am 

year: 1989
I've bought some but am waiting for one last item to arrive then I can strip and replace a couple of things while doing a service and coolant change out. I'll let you all know how it goes in a couple of weeks if you can wait that long. The main reason I'm doing the waterless route is so I can ditch the expansion tank but if you read the web site you can see many other benefits. It's more expensive but lasts the life of the engine...unless you spill it! :D